Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Welcoming the Kotzems

Sunday morning the Refugees got to welcome Lauren and Wolfgang's friends the Kotzem family. They are visiting from Germany. (Notice the backs of their cool shirts?)

They started the morning with the Frog Jumping contest.

One of their frogs won first place!

First place prize. First place smile.


Introductions for the Refugees: Frank (the Dad), Ines (the Mom), (the kids) Elias, Joschi, Antontia, and Lena.


Playing carpet ball the German way?

Antonia, Lena, Elias, and Joschi.

Watch the ball...
...as it flies by.
Faith and I had fun playing a really cool duet (just for fun) and Joy decided to help us!

With some coaching by her Mom (Ines) we got to hear Lena play.
Joy and Kaleb had fun watching the chickens.
Even chickens have bad hair days.
We don't get too many pictures of these two on the blog!

Melody, Faith, and I went on a walk to find raspberries and I couldn't resist this pretty spot for a picture!
Another adorable smile!
Watching horse shoes.
Can they score any points?
Orla kept the game rolling with all the points she made!

The perfect toy for a hot day!
Lena and Isaac are so cute to watch when they play together. Lena cannot speak English and Isaac cannot speak German, but somehow that doesn't make any difference!

Even Gab and I joined in on the fun!
You can't really tell from this picture but Becky just threw a bowl of water all over Jordan. For some reason after that none of us girls were safe until the Lees left!
Jill and Rich took their paddle boat out for a ride, and when they were done they let the rest of us take a turn.Mourey and Frank.
Antonia and I and Lena is climbing onto the back.
The perfect place to watch supper as it was being made! Wonderful cooks!

Time to eat!
Lots of hungry people.
Fly killer!
Good friends and a fire... It can't get much better!

1 comment:

The Hemmers said...

That slip and slide looks like fun. I remember doing one at a family camp once. It was set up on a slope in a field and it was really long. The only problem was that we all ended up with hay stubble imbedded in our bare feet that had to be pulled out with tweezers!